WIN A TRIP FOR TWO
TO KENNEDY SPACE CENTER IN CAPE CANAVERAL, FL
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
The following promotion is intended for participants in the United States only (collectively, the “Eligible Jurisdictions”). The Contest shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the Eligible Jurisdictions. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the Terms and Conditions below.
- DESCRIPTION: The sponsor of this contest is REI Systems, 14325 Willard Road, Suite 200 Chantilly, VA 20151. The “Win a Trip to Kennedy Space Center” for two people contest Entry period begins on Monday, September 24th, 2018 at 10 am Eastern Time and the contest Entry period ends on Monday, December 3rd, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (“EST”). REI Systems will conduct a live drawing on YouTube (link to be shared to participants) on Monday, December 17th, 2018 at 2 pm Eastern Time and draw one award Winner (1) “Grand Prize” from among all eligible entries received within the contest period. A URL for the live drawing will be emailed to all participants prior to the drawing.
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open only to legal United States residents who are physically located and residing in the United States and Washington, D.C. (each an “Entrant” and collectively “Entrants”). Entrants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry. Entrants must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address identified on the entry form. Employees, owners, shareholders, officers and directors of REI Systems and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, promotion and advertising agencies together with the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such persons (collectively, “Household Members”), are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For purposes of the Contest “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year; “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant or potential Winner in the Contest, the Entrant or potential winner will be deemed the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person in whose name the e-mail account was opened. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant or potential winner cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries will not be acknowledged except as provided herein. Contest Grand Prize is non-transferable and cannot be substituted, sold or bartered. Void in Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: Eligible Entrants may enter the Contest by visiting https://www.reisystems.com/kennedy-space-center/
(the “Contest Homepage“) and following the on-screen instructions to access the registration form. Entrant must provide all of the information requested, including but not limited to Entrant’s full name, physical address title, and email address, then click “Submit” to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Limit of one (1) entry per person, throughout contest. If entries exceed the entry limitations, the Entrant may be disqualified, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Terms and Conditions. Sponsor’s decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of that provision of the Terms and Conditions generally.
- ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, one (1) potential Grand Prize winner and option to bring guest, will be selected via random drawing from all eligible Entries received in accordance with the Entry Period. The potential winner will be notified by email via the email address provided on the registration form. The potential winner is responsible for checking his/her spam filter. The potential Winner & Guest will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within seven (7) days (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of attempted notification. The failure to respond within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize. The Winner & Guest will be required to complete the Winner & Guest’s Affidavit of Eligibility & Release form within seven (7) days of initial notification. Failure of a potential Winner & Guest to return the Prize Acceptance Forms within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize and selection of an alternate potential Winner & Guest from the remaining eligible entries. Administrator, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential Winner of each Prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the Grand Prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If Grand Prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, such Grand Prize may not be re-awarded, in REI Systems’ sole discretion. Winner’s travel companion ( “Guest”) must be at least twelve years of age and the age of majority in his/her state/province or jurisdiction of primary residence unless the winner is such Guest’s parent or legal guardian. Each Guest (or if such Guest is a minor, the parent or legal guardian) will be required to verify address. For residents of the U.S. only: The contest winner & guest are responsible for reporting own tax issues regarding this contest to the IRS. Please check with a tax advisor or more information. Sponsor will provide full value of costs at completion of trip.
- GRAND PRIZE: There is one (1) Grand Prize available (one (1) per the Entry Period). The Grand Prize consists of a 3-day / 2-night trip for the winner and one guest to, Kennedy Space Center, in Florida (the “Trip”). The Trip includes:
- Round-trip economy class air transportation for the winner and one (1) Guest to Orlando, Florida, MCO Airport traveling from the airport nearest the contest winner’s residence (as selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor).
- Hotel accommodations for two (2) consecutive nights for the winner and his/her Guest at a hotel selected by the Sponsor (one room, quad occupancy, room & tax only);
- Two (2) single-day, park admissions to Kennedy Space Center; Lunch with an astronaut, and the possibility of additional add-on experience (as selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor).
- One (1) full-size rental vehicle for up to five (3) days (vehicle and rental tax only), subject to eligibility. Driver must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age, possess a valid driver’s license and major credit card, and meet the terms and conditions of the rental agency. Winner & Guest will be responsible for any associated additional rental costs (including but not limited to insurance, gas, child seats and GPS);
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Trip: USD $3,000 Actual cost will be shared before trip is booked.
TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER & GUEST CONFIRMATION. Actual Grand Prize value depends on winner’s place of residence and cost and availability of airfare and hotel at the time of booking and travel and may be substantially higher or lower than the stated ARV. Blackout dates may apply. All Grand Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Grand Prize winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No cash alternative is allowed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a Grand Prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded. If the winner is unable or unwilling to accept the Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, as stated, the Grand Prize may be forfeited in its entirety at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The value of the Grand Prize represents the Sponsor’s good faith determination of the maximum retail value thereof. No refunds or credits for changes are allowed. The ARV of any prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Terms and Conditions and the date the Grand Prize is awarded or redeemed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, tips, entertainment, transfers, as well as seat assignment or baggage fees determined by selected airline are Winner & Guest’s sole responsibility. Other restrictions may apply. Save for liability for death or personal injury due to negligence, winner and Guests agree that they undertake the Trip at their own risk. Winner and Guests must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date and must have valid travel documents (e.g., valid government issued photo ID and/or Passport) prior to departure. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of Grand Prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the Trip. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. All air transportation tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages and schedule or route changes. If the closest airport to a Grand Prize winner’s home is in close enough proximity to Orlando, Florida so that, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion, a flight is unnecessary, such Grand Prize Winner & Guest will receive alternate transportation from the Sponsor with no further obligation to the Winner & Guest. Grand Prize Winner & Guest will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the Grand Prize ARV in these Terms and Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to structure the travel route, travel dates and select hotels in its sole discretion. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may designate the Administrator to handle winner selection and notification tasks on Sponsor’s behalf. All federal, state provincial, territorial, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of REI Systems, which shall be final in all respects. Each Entrant hereby releases Contest Entities, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and prize suppliers and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties“) from any and all actions, claims, injuries, death, losses or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance or use of a Grand Prize. Winner & Guest hereby grants to the REI Systems, the irrevocable, royalty-free right and license to use his/her photo, video, name, voice, likeness, biographical data or information, city, state or territory/province of residence and entry materials in advertising, marketing, programming, research or promotional activities, worldwide in perpetuity, and on a Winner & Guest’s list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Entering the contest gives REI Systems permission to use your contact information for additional contest notifications and other marketing purposes. Winner & Guest may be asked to participate in select publicity activities, as determined at the sole discretion of the REI Systems. REI Systems is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or publicity materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at REI Systems’ sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) save for death or personal injury caused by negligence any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind including personal injury or death caused by the Grand Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a Grand Prize including participation in any activity or travel related thereto, or from participation in the Contest; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (v) any inability of Winner & Guest to accept or use any Grand Prize (or portion thereof) for any reason and such Grand Prize or portion thereof shall be forfeited; or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials or activities associated with the Contest which are beyond the reasonable control of any of the Released Parties. REI Systems disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. REI Systems reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest (or any portion of the Contest) at any time for any reason or should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention, extenuating circumstance or other problem/cause corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Contest and, in such situation, will select the Winner & Guest from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by REI Systems. REI Systems may prohibit Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a Grand Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or REI Systems. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, REI SYSTEMS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY AWARD AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND 3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- INDEMNITY: Save for cases of death or personal injury caused by negligence, each Entrant (including each potential Winner & Guest) shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) participation in the Contest; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach of any of the representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
- DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this Contest, participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with entering), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- WINNER & GUEST’S LIST/TERMS AND CONDITIONS: To obtain the Winner & Guest’s name or a copy of these Terms and Conditions, send a request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to REI Systems, Marketing Department/Rules, 45335 Vintage Park Plaza, Sterling, VA 20166. Requests for the name of the Winner & Guest must be received no later January 21, 2019.