We are looking for a mid-level cloud engineer to design and implement innovative cloud solutions for our Federal customers. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the Federal Government Cloud Smart strategy and organizing principles that align business objectives and strategies within IT strategy and execution. The candidate will provide guidance to direct enterprise cloud transformation efforts and advise customers on cloud and emerging technologies.
- Participated with a team of Cloud and DevSecOps engineers serving a large diverse team of multidisciplinary professionals defining and supporting the DevSecOps and CI/CD platforms across a portfolio of systems
- Operate and collaborate on meeting mission objectives in a multi-vendor environment
- Pick up on new technologies quickly
- Articulate and lead the implementation of key design patterns and enable their incorporation by all customers of the environment
- Work with Federal agency leadership to gain insights into cloud options and review agency cloud strategic plans
- Drive DevSecOps Adoption Strategy of the provided platform with your vision and industry experience
- Maintain and share best practices in cloud performance measurement, migration, and implementation based on leading industry trends
- Deep experience provisioning and working Jenkins, SonarQube, Docker Containers, Artifactory, Nexus, Selenium, ArgoCD.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of DevSecOps engineering, tools & technologies, like Kubernetes, Jenkins, SonarQube, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and master new technologies
- Possess strong leadership skills and drive research-based decisions supported by thorough alternative analysis
- Demonstrate intimate knowledge of AWS, cloud-native system development, and modern software architecture to ensure the efficient development of stable, scalable, resilient applications
- Provide expertise in operationalized metrics and site reliability engineering
- Participated in multiple AWS Cloud migration projects
- Designed and Deployed Cloud services in a high-performance production environment
- Excellent UNIX/LINUX tools/utilities, shell scripting, and basic administration skills
- Experience and deep understanding of principle and best practices in implementation of Infrastructure as Code using Terraform, YAML configuration files, Kubernetes, Ansible and Docker
- 5+ years in working with AWS. Experience with implementation and proper use of AWS EKS, S3, KMS, Secrets Manager, API Gateway, Cloud Front, Security Groups and NACLs.
- 5+ years in developing and supporting CI/CD pipelines using open-source tools, including Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory/Nexus, Selenium
- Familiarity with implementation of FISMA compliance security controls including compliance with CIS benchmarks
- Experience with Federal agency or enterprise level cloud strategy and implementation
- Experience with cloud procurements, migrations, optimizations and performance measurements
- Experience advising IT leaders and C-suite executives based on previous related experience, industry best practices, current trends, and lessons learned from other public sector initiatives
- Experience conducting open-source research, analyzing policies, and performing data analysis,
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working in various phases of cloud projects
- Good knowledge of AWS cloud network and services (e.g. VPC / EC2 / Docker / Kubernetes / Availability Zones / Scaling / RDS / SQS / SNS )
About REI Systems
Employees voted REI Systems a Washington Post Top Workplace in 2015, 2016, 2018, 2020, and 2021!
REI Systems has delivered innovative solutions that empower people and impact millions of lives since 1989. Our 600 problem-solving technologists and consultants are passionate about modernizing the government to fulfill its missions more effectively. Our customers include healthcare, national security, science and technology, and government operations in the federal, state, local, and non-profit sectors. We take a Mindful Modernization® approach in providing Application Modernization, Government Data Analytics, Grants Management Systems, Saas, and Advisory Services. Delivering domain expertise, best-fit technologies through agile execution, and a commitment to customer service is the REI Way. Learn more, visit www.reisystems.com.
REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer