REI Systems Proudly Supports Data.gov and Other OMB-Sponsored Government Transparency Initiatives.
Herndon, VA – June 17, 2010 – The American Council for Technology recognized Data.gov with one of six Intergovernmental Solutions Awards on May 25 at its 2010 Annual Management of Change Conference in Philadelphia, PA. A committee of industry and government IT professionals selected the six winners from among 15 finalists, representing federal, state, local, and non-profit organizations.
REI Systems (REI) manages Data.gov for the Office of Management and Budget, providing design, maintenance, data management, and data validation support for the site, which has garnered positive reviews for its role as part of the Obama Administration’s Open Government Initiative in increasing public awareness to Federal Government datasets. The award coincided with Data.gov’s one year anniversary and its version 2.0 release. In just one year, the number of datasets provided on Data.gov has grown from 47 to more than 272,000. Other major accomplishments achieved in first year include:
· Six other nations establishing open data
· Eight US states now offering data sites
· Eight US cities with open data
· 236 new applications from Data.gov datasets
· 253 data contacts in Federal Agencies
Other 2010 Intergovernmental Solutions Awardees were:
· Washington Information System for Architectural and Archeological Records Data (WISAAD), State of Washington, Department of Information Services
· National Dialogue on the Quadrennial Homeland Security Review, the National Academy of Public Administration, and the Office of Strategy and Policy, US Department of Homeland Security
· E-rulemaking, US Environmental Protection Agency
· Federalreporting.gov, US Environmental Protection Agency
· CONNECT, US Department of Health and Human Services
About REI Systems
REI Systems is a leading provider of web-enabled business solutions for the Federal Government and the commercial sector. Drawing upon our mission to deliver reliable, effective, and innovative solutions, the company works daily to solve complex homeland security, defense, health resources, criminal justice, and performance support issues. REI Systems’ support is strengthened by its results-driven approach and commitment to exceeding customer expectations. Since 1989, REI Systems has been serving major corporations and government at all levels. More than 435 employees serve these clients from offices in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
For more information, visit www.reisystems.com
Chief Operating Officer