The Annual Grants Management Survey is sponsored by The George Washington University’s Trachtenberg School of Public Policy & Public Administration, the National Grants Management Association (NGMA), and REI Systems. The goal of the survey is to learn from the people engaged in grants management, to understand the context in which you work, and how you address the need to manage for accountability, evidence, learning, reporting, impact, and overall opportunities for improvement.
Key takeaways from the 2023 Grants Management Survey:
1. New legislation continues to challenge strained grant-making organization
2. Performance improved for Federal Grants after drop from the prior two years due to the Pandemic
3. Well-trained and capable staff remains a significant success factor
4. Modern, affordable, and adaptable grants management systems desired by both Grantors and Grantees
5. Leadership buy-in is needed to overcome current challenges with people, processes, and technology