REI is the proud creator and host of two breakfast forum series in partnership with some of the most prominent universities in the United States. These events gather professionals from Government, academia, and the corporate realm to establish a community with which to discuss important topics, learn about new innovations, and share accomplishments and lessons learned. Our forum communities encourage mutual improvement and success among all who participate.
Imagine Nation ELC 2019 is the premier event for government and industry leaders who are interested in using technology to improve government at all levels – federal, state, and local. Imagine one place and time where government and industry come together on neutral ground and stand united in the collaborative pursuit of the greater good.
Join us at the Imagine Nation ELC 2019 for a “can’t miss” conference that will produce actionable outcomes. This year’s conference theme is, ‘Driving Impact! Innovation through Government and Industry Collaboration’.
- A supercharged experience designed to spark the imagination, inspire bold thinking and fresh ideas, foster collaboration and dialogue, and spotlight the newest and most relevant technology
- Diverse ecosystem of forward-thinking agencies and companies focused on improving mission delivery and developing practical approaches fueled by bold thinking and creative energy
- A ‘safe haven’ on neutral ground where government and industry can work together as true partners
- New innovations to drive further advances in Mission Modernization, Cyber Security, Health Innovation, and Emerging Technology
- Actionable approaches for leadership excellence in the midst of exponential change and collaboration opportunities for meaningful exchange with peers
Registration Is Open! Join Us Oct 20 – 23, 2019 In Philadelphia.
Three days in Philadelphia will change how government and industry work together:
- Leaders and practitioners from government and industry will come together to share ideas, solve problems and learn from one another
- Larger, more open convention space allowing for new conference features and demonstration areas
- Center Stage for compelling presentations on Cybersecurity, Emerging Technology and Healthcare from industry and government thought-leaders
- TechKnow Showcase will inspire innovative thinking, revealing how tomorrow’s technologies are taking shape today to advance our government’s mission
- Partner Pavilion to showcase the exciting ways that solutions, services and technology are being used by government clients
- In 2018, nearly 1,100 registrants attended and 30% were from the government
Find out more here.
THROUGH THE ACQUISITION WORMHOLE: SHORTENING THE PATH TO MODERN IT
Acquisition innovations across government can spur wider and faster adoption of emerging technologies. In 2017, the ACT Executive Committee established a priority for ACT-IAC’s Innovation Institute to address Acquisition Innovation to enable IT Modernization. The Institute subsequently established a project that OMB and ACT-IAC kicked off at last year’s Imagine Nation. Government and industry volunteers then worked to find, document, organize and share successful innovations. Top-down, bottom-up and side to side, the drive to experiment in pursuit of modernization is starting to accelerate.
Come to this session to hear about innovative procurement approaches that can accelerate agency modernization, including ACT-IAC’s “Periodic Table” of acquisition innovations, and the project’s journey map for the coming year.
Business Innovators as the Customer: Advancing NASA’s Mission through Small Business Grant and Technology Transfer Programs
- Jenn Gustetic- Program Executive for Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR/STTR) at NASA
The Grants Management Breakfast (GMB) Forum is held in partnership with the George Washington University Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration. Audience members and the guest speaker or panel convene to discuss the full life cycle of grants management, with a particular focus on issues, challenges, and keys to success for grant-makers. Together, we support one another and share critical lessons learned from authentic experiences.
The Asian American Chamber of Commerce cordially invites all local area businesses, business owners, government agencies, and interested individuals to participate in the 10th Annual Asian American Business Summit & Expo on October 24th! The event will provide a unique opportunity for businesses to connect with the Asian Business Community, meet industry specific buyers and decision makers, and learn about opportunities in government procurement, diversified supplier programs, business enterprise certifications, international business, and commercial real estate. Our goal is to provide a dynamic networking venue that promotes opportunity, education, strategic alliances, and small business growth.
REI Systems CGO, Gene Zapfel, will be speaking on the Panel – “Opportunities and how to partner with prime contractors” from 10:30am – 11:30am.
The half-day program will feature:
– Power Networking opportunities
– Business Expo
– Panel Discussion
“Grants Performance Made Easy”
Jason McGill and Rujuta Waknis
Did you know that 60% of Federal and 45% of state and local grants managers could not effectively measure their grants performance? These results were uncovered by the 2018 Annual Grants Management Survey conducted by the George Washington University, the National Grants Management Association, and REI Systems. Without effective grants performance data, organizations find it difficult to articulate their grant program goals and results of program investments. The good news is that with the proper approach, one that combines technology and services, grant makers can improve results and prove program impact.
Will be limited to 50 attendees. Open to government attendees only. Attendees do not need to be members of the NGMA to attend.